Tag archive for ‘twitter’
In “Champion”, Kanye West poses the self-referential question, “Did you realize that you are a champion in their eyes?”
By the final verse, West decisively answers the query: “Yes I did”.
West, often derided for his blinding hubris, certainly suffers (or benefits) from a case of acute bravado. However, West has cunningly co-opted this haughty bombast into his brand. With five platinum albums, fourteen Grammys, and a massive hip hop empire, West often flaunts his success in …
It’s been a pretty crazy week so far, so it’s not out of the question that you might have missed some of the other news going on in the not so life or death world of tech and social media. In case that is in fact the case, we here at The Bacharach Blog offer up 10 stories you could have easily missed. So sit back (not too far we don’t want you falling asleep at work) and …
We all want to find new ways to use social media. Tweeting about what you had for lunch or how much you hate/love your local sports team probably won’t get you much new business. Therefore it’s imperative that you listen to the pros as often as possible in order to get things done efficiently through social media. Here is a great article from ZDNet and TechRepublic’s Toni Bowers on the 5 Ways to Use Social Media to Propel Business Forward. …
Ten Tech and Social Media stories you need to read:
1. Paypal’s Peter Thiel Claims We’re in a Bubble and it’s not the internet
2. Waiting for a Kidney? Try Facebook
3. Zappo CEO Tony Hsieh on Empowerment
4. 3 Ways to Use Twitter Favorites
5. Google Translate: How to sell in Mexico when you don’t speak Spanish
6. Does “The Man” have too much power?
7. Winklevoss Twins can’t un-friend Facebook agreement
8. Can’t Afford It? Rent Photoshop
9. Facebook reaches deal …
Of late we have talked about a lot of very serious topics in relation to social media and leadership. So on a lighter note, check out these six funny social media and business cartoons. We could all use a laugh.
1. The Madness of Social Media Marketing
2. How Social Media Planning actually happens in the workplace
3. Online Marketing isn’t easy
4. Facebook in the workplace?
5. The “Authenticity” of Social Media
6. What we really do online at work
It’s been a pretty heady and devastating week, but here are ten important and sometimes disturbing social media and leadership stories that deal with the Tragedy in Japan. The beautiful photo to the left was taken on 3.15.11 in Nagoya, Japan by ka_tate.
1. Tips from the Better Business Bureau on Donating to Earthquake relief efforts in Japan
2. Real-Time Japan News Resources
3. Tweeting in Japan: The Good, the Bad, and the Panicked
4. Japan’s Emperor Akihito reassures …